Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas is in the air! { Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, SWFL Photographer, Lifestyle Photographer, Natural Light Photography }

Tis the Season!!! I love Christmas! There is nothing better than this time of year. The sights, sounds, smells!!! I already have my Fresh Balsam wallflower from Bath & Body Works plugged in, as well as a Tis the Season candle from there that I have been burning. We don't use a "real" tree, the ones in Florida just don't look as good to me, so I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of anything Fresh Balsam from Bath & Body Works because to me it smells like a fresh cuts Douglas Fir, my fav tree for Christmas.
I have been good this year and have already managed to get a few people bought for already, our kids are always the last because they take the longest and because we don't want them to find their presents. I did pick up the cutest little Moose for them at Build a Bear on Black Friday, they were only $5 a piece!! And the best is that their little antlers are decorated with lights and twinkle when you press their hand. I started a tradition, last year that I plan to continue on until it is a staple in our family, on Christmas Eve we open 1 gift, that gift is a new pair of Christmas Jammies. The whole family gets them, now these Jammies are special. They have magic elf sleeping dust in them, they make sure you sleep nice and snug so that Santa can come sooner. Well, that's what I tell my kids. It may seem silly, but it's ours, and I hope that they will always remember it, and that one day, my grandkids will know about the special Christmas Jammies.
This year I also plan to go to Barnes & Noble and purchase "The Christmas Elf", if you have not hear of this please go look into it. It is a wonderful little thing for more Christmas magic. He's a sweet little elf that comes with a story book. He "watches the behavior of everyone in the house", and each night he reports back to Santa. Now comes the fun part, before your kids get out of bed, you move him to a new spot so that they can see that he has "left and come back". My friend told me about this little guy and I can not wait to make him a staple to the Price Family Christmas!
These are just a couple of the things we are planning to make traditions in our home. What things do you and your family do? What traditions have you carried on that were passed down, what new ones have you started???

No comments: